How to Keep Your Pets Safe from Poisoning?
As a pet owner, a nightmare for you is “your pet is being poisoned”. Make sure you are all prepared for such an emergency.
Also, never “watch and wait” rather, suspect poisoning as soon as possible and contact a credible vet immediately.
Below are the useful tips that you must consider to keep your pets safe from poisoning.
Understand Your Pets’ Needs
Affectionate pets like cats and dogs can offer us so much love, care and affection, thus, they deserve the same level of reciprocation and must be cared for and loved well. whether you already had a pet growing old with you or are thinking to get one, we all need to understand pets’ needs – how they live, what they eat, how to take care of them, how to keep them healthy and happy and so on…
What to Do If You Think Your Pet Is Being Poisoned?
- Don’t fret or make yourself stressed!
- Stay calm and think peacefully.
- Make sure to keep your pet away from the source of poison.
- Try to contact a nearby vet immediately and let him/her inspect your pet effectively.
- Follow the advice and instructions of your vet.
- Never attempt to medicate your pet yourself as it may be harmful and lead to further diseases.
- Avoid making your pet vomit – do not use salt water as it may be extremely dangerous for the health of your pet.
- Make sure to keep your pet away from other pets/animals in order to avoid cross-contamination.
How to prevent poisoning in your pet?
Your pet may get poisoned anytime without you noticing it. However, you can follow some of the essential guidelines and instructions to avoid getting your pet poisoned.
Read below detailed guidelines to keep your pet away from being getting poisoned:
In The Home:
What you can do whilst remain at your home with your pet – or if you have an indoor pet, is mentioned below:
- Always keep an eye on your cat – a pro tip!
- Collect dropped petals or leaves so that your pet cannot eat them.
- Keep indoor or houseplants away from the pet or where your pet cannot reach.
- Always make sure to keep pesticides away from spaces or locations where your pet can easily access them.
- If you have more than one pet keep them separate from one another.
Pets are a source of obvious love and affection for their owners. Thus, every owner wants a healthy pet that can live long. Here are the beneficial tips to make your pet stay away from being getting poisoned.
- First and foremost, make sure your pet i.e. cat or dog, doesn’t go outside too much.
- Make sure areas your pet has easy access to are not overhung by any sort of poisonous plants or are free from them.
- Make sure that your pets’ water supplies are not contaminated – please try to clean or change them on a regular basis.
- Make sure your pet doesn’t mingle with other animals outside – especially the one with viruses or diseases.
Mentioned are the pro-tips that you should consider to keep your pet safe from being getting poisoned.